NYC Mirror Feng Shui
NYC Mirror Feng Shui
Feng Shui Tips for Mirrors
in Your New York City Home
Key Elements to Remember When Hanging a Mirror
Some key elements to remember when you are hanging a mirror:
- Use it to expand a room to make it look larger.
- Mirrors should bring brightness to a space.
- Invite reflection of positive energy into a room; mirrors that reflect trees and groups of people bring good chi into the space.
- If you want to keep people out of a particular room, hang a mirror on the outside of the door. This concept can also be applied to a safe; use a mirrored object to house money, expensive jewelry, or important documents. This will create a “do not enter” effect.
Where should I place my mirror?
- Hang a mirror in a dining room to multiply the amount of guests in the space. Dining rooms symbolize your capacity to hold wealth; mirrors will double this concept drawing more money into your life.
- Use a mirror in your entryway to bring in more natural light. You can use it to check yourself out before you leave the house.
- Mirrors in the living room are excellent at doubling your guests and expanding the size of the room.
- Full-length mirrors on the inside of closet doors are perfect for getting dressed. Make sure the inside of the closet has been decluttered and organized or else the mirror will double your clutter.
- Rectangular mirrors hung in narrow hallways will make the space feel wider and more luminous.
Things to Avoid
- Make sure a mirror doesn’t cut your head off in the reflection.
- Do not place a mirror directly across a door.
- Don’t place a mirror across from your workspace – it will double your workload and make you feel alone while you’re working.
- Avoid mirrors in the bedroom – they can cause insomnia and invite unwanted third parties into the bedroom.
Is your home a source of frustration or anxiety? Send me a message, so we can discuss how to transform your space into one that is peaceful, organized, and perfectly suited to your life.
168 West 25th Street
New York, NY 10001